Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ben Hogan

I just finished this picture for our friends the Chris family.  This picture was so fun to do but a real challenge!  It has been a while since I have done a pencil drawing and you forget how long it takes to draw all the little details.  This picture is from an famous old photograph taken of him in the 1950 US Open, you can see the original here: http://www.benhogancorporate.com/ben_hogan.htm.  The story of his car accident and coming back to win the US Open is pretty amazing.


5 comments:

barrettandaudrey said...

You are incredibly talented. It is amazing the things you don't know about a person! I didn't even know you were into art, I guess that just goes to show what a good friend I was in high school.

Echo said...

This is awesome! How big is it? You did an amazing job with it! I am so happy you are getting back into doing more artwork. You really have a gift for it!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing Emily. There is so much detail! No wonder it took a long time!

Paige said...

wow you are so good!

dkwalkerfam said...

Ems... You are so talented! That picture is AMAZING!!!1